About this Blog

I am a Senior Reviewer for Great Minds Think Aloud Independent Publishing. I specialize in Fantasy, Science, Realistic and Mythology Fiction, but enjoy reading all types of literature. My favorite authors include Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and Devon Monk. I am currently writing my own Fantasy Fiction book hoping to one day join the ranks of published authors. The books I have reviewed can be found on this site. The links to the right will take you to the blogs of my fellow reviewers.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Guest – Karen Dales

This is a short story that involves life, death and reincarnation. It can be read alone or as part of the Chosen Chronicles.

The Guest lives at a Buddhist monastery and performs missions for the monks. As a monk approaches old age, the Guest helps to ease their transition from this life to the next. Although the Guest performs his actions flawlessly, he is tormented by the actions he knows he must take. The shortness of the story lead me to think that I would be left with open endings, but they were neatly tied up and although it is not a cliff hanger, I am really wanting to read more. A perfect appetizer to Dales' writings.

This is the first of Karen Dales writing that I have read and I thoroughly enjoyed her style and characters. Although it was only 9 pages in my Nook format she grabbed my interest within the first few chapters and provided me with a scene that contained the basics of life on earth. I am very impressed with her writing and can’t wait to read more of her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment